patacabra - changing my mind

Friday, June 23, 2017

When I woke up I had a sore throat so instead of eating cereals I started with lentils with huge amount of raw garlic, chilly and olive oil ;) After one our I had a small bowl of cereals, so I was afraid that this mixture would kill my stomach :P 


The race started slowly, as almost all cyclotourist races. In about 2 hours we reached a pass el Boyar, where we met some cyclists waiting for us. There are people whose presence, nothing more, can motivate and encourage you, one of them is Belén. Thank you :)


The proper race started in Zahara de la Sierra where, as always, I was behind the others. Chris is laughing at me that I am like a steam locomotive, because I need a lot of time to catch my rhythm. I was climbing and catching people in front shouting:¨¡Venga! ¡Vamos!¨ -¨¡Come on!¨ :) At the very end with the wind blowing into my face a few of them overtook me. But my goal was to go strong without any excuses :)

Chris usually has problems with changes, because he thinks that everybody will collaborate, but ... life is life.


About one and a half year ago, when I was climbing up this las Palomas, I had an amazing domestique, Andrés. I will never forget him shouting and encouraging me :)


I am very happy with my results, because I managed to be 20 in general :) If you want to find more information, photos and an audition on the radio about the race visit radio Ubrique page, but it is only in Spanish.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular posts

Me on Facebooku

Flickr Images